Maybe because I am so baby-focused.
I mean, how can I not be? He takes up all of my space, mentally, emotionally, physically. We had our 37 & 4 days appointment Monday and Dr. Ottenritter again discussed the fact we are big (duh).
We are also (at that time) almost 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced! Baby is definitely making moves in the downward direction. We had another growth ultrasound set, but I basically asked him point blank if he thought I was going to have trouble with a vaginal delivery. We again reaffirmed baby's largeness/my crippled ass tailbone/sunnysideupness and this general direction towards Csection being a viable option. He said we could plan that at 39 weeks, dependent on the ultrasound. (!!!!!!!!!!!!) Everything else looked great and we would talk again Monday after our growth ultrasound to make further determination about our game plan.
So in between those days at the doctor and the ultrasound I did some research. I found out the following (direct from spinningbabies.com)
Graphic representation of why babies who are face-up have problems....YEAH.
Possible posterior effects range from
So here we are at 38 weeks on the dot: the stats!
- he is in the 95% (up from 89% at our 36 week ultrasound)
- his head/limbs and pretty much everything is measuring at 40 weeks+ (except for his thighbones. She said it was hard to get an accurate picture/measurement of them because he is so cramped in there. They were measuring 37 weeks 4 days
- Averaged all together, he is currently growing a week and a half ahead (39 weeks 3 daysish)
- His weight guesstimate for the week is 8 POUNDS 9 OUNCES. This means from 36 weeks he has gained a pound and 9 ounces per measurements. So if he continues at that range, I'm guessing "fully full full full term/40 weeks" he could equal out to around ohhhhh 10.125 pounds. I DO KNOW that ultrasounds are notoriously off, but given their "1 pound either way" rule, he is still quite possible damn near 8 lbs right now and likely to keep growing. Or Jesus Christ on a bike he could be damn near 10 lbs (!!!)
- His "estimated due date by size" is May 15th per measurements (incidentally this stayed the same since week 36
|take it back now, ya'll|
|sweet Jesus give us a sign|
He's hilarious. Another reason I married him!
Here's hoping our next update will still be at 39 weeks, baby will still keep growing, and I will feel validated in making sound decisions about how to progress with labor!
As always - thanks for reading and for feedback! CHEERS, IT'S ALMOST TIME!
|also cheers to continuation of no pants until Baby day|