Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Love

Where have we been? Apologies for a very extended late update.I am excited to be in the 2nd trimester and getting bigger and bigger by the day. Last week was Thanksgiving and for the first time I ate so much my stomach hurt. It was like all the space was taken up by baby and the food had no where to go. Standing up, sitting down, laying....nothing abated the uncomfy feeling until hours later. No stretch marks yet though!


My family was able to come down from NY to visit for the holiday, and my mom put on a wonderful dinner. It was great to see everyone again and catch up, eat alot of food, and just enjoy eachother's company. 


Yorke made a delicious bird
Some of the spread, yes Jello was involved!

I made quite possibly the most deliciously unhealthy baked mac and cheese ever!

family waiting to grub!
Mom got this awesome shirt as a gift, and Jesus  H look at my belly!
Glenn got to spend some quality time watching football with the men of the family (I am so sick of football)
Jerome loves the baby's new quilt!
We loved seeing the quilt in person - the colors are gorgeous, I was so excited to get it home.


Mom and I also did the requisite "Black Friday" shopping although it was done early afternoon, none of that 6am nonsense this year. Making a baby is tiring, and although I got up at 8am, we never left til 10:30. That being said, I knocked out some of my holiday shopping and of course got some gifts for the beeb! Including an awesome bag from Fossil I shall use as my diaper bag


this sucker is huge!
I got it for a cool $90 bucks (originally $150), which I know is expensive....but I fell in love with it at the outlets, and it was the ONLY one. I was terrified if I didn't get it, I would regret it and I wouldn't be able to find it online. Well, I was right. I have looked all over since I bought it to see if it is available online in this color *Mustard is my favorite!* and haven't been able to find it. 


My favorite parts about it are not only the size, convertible straps, color, but also that it is not toooooo feminine so Glenn could carry it around if need be, and that it is a coated, almost water-proof looking fabric. 



I dig the functionality of it all...plus it will essentially double as my purse, and I already have a mustard colored wallet. It was meant to be.


Following other holiday traditions, Mom and I put up her first tree in her new place :)


Mom is so presh in her jammies!
Baby pic
I got two 8x10 frames at the outlets and am framing a photo of Glenn and I each about 1 years of age to put above the changing table. When Baby Lovelace is 1 I will update the wall to include a photo in the center. 


love!
Mom's tree


Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck on my jammy pictures... Thanks for helping with the tree. It looks awesome :) Keep your belly pics coming!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers